About Us

Surgery.png

Brief History of the Hospital

St. Joseph's Hospital was established in 1952 as an aid post and 1953 as a dispensary and then a maternity by the Comboni Missionaries. The health unit became a fully-fledged hospital in 1972. It was then handed over to Catholic Diocese of Arua in 1985, who now owns the hospital and manages it through a Board of Governors.

The Hospital belongs to the network of Catholic Health Institutions in Uganda and is called St. Joseph’s hospital Maracha.

 

Our Reports

Providing Maracha District with the best staff for the best care

c7fc93e6-5ebb-46e4-982c-234f0e302ffe.jpg
Dr. Taban Alphonse

CEO/Medical Director 

c0d98044-4ffd-4e1e-8afe-b627af44cec2.jpg
Mr. Alijoa Ronald Richard

Administrative Director

p1.png
Dr. Acca Harriet Omara

Deputy Medical Director 

a7930cf3-53c7-4e16-98f0-6a2793057f66.jpg
Sr. Maturu Mary 

Ag. Nursing Director 

p2.png
Dr. Oneka Francis

Head of Maternal and Child Services Department

p3.png
Dr. Oyaka Allan Caster 

Head of Medical Services Department

p4.png
Rev. Sr. Joyce Ambeifoc

In charge of the medical ward

p5.png
Mr. Mungufeni Patrick

In charge of surgical ward 

p6.png
Rev. Sr.  Odaru Beata

In charge of maternity ward 

p7.png
Mr. Adriko Sunday 

In charge of paediatric ward 

p8.png
Miss Ayigi Suzan 

In charge of theatre 

p9.png
Dr. Agodri Victory 

Deputy in charge of the theatre

p10.png
Mr. Ofezu Casiano

In charge of stationary 

p11.png
Rev Sr. Dokorach Alphonse

In charge of ART clinic 

p12.png
Mr. Herbert Adriko

Pharmacy in charge 

p13.png
Mr. Drabe Apollo 

Outpatient ward in charge

p14.png
Mr. Emmanuel Acidri

Nutrition Unit in charg

p15.png
Mr. Nyomia Dick

Laboratory Quality Officer

p16.png
Mr. Cassiano Ajuma

In charge of compound and maintenance 

p17.png
Mr. Anguyo Simon

In charge of OPD